Category Archives: mp3 players
Christmas is quickly approaching with only two shopping days left, leaving many people running around in desperate search of the “perfect” Christmas gift for their family or friends. Are you in the same situation? Well fear no more, this is a list of 5 last minute Christmas gift ideas that many have purchased this holiday season.
1. Toys – New apps on both the Android and Apple market can lead to some new “toy” ideas. One of these is the Griffin Helo TC ($39.99). This is an inexpensive gadget that will fly for about eight minutes on a single charge and is robust enough for you not to worry about the odd crash landing. There are many other gadgets like this one out there and they are all very popular this holiday season.
2. Cameras – Although smartphones are getting very close to taking over the camera industry, a dedicated device has the ability to do a lot more for you and your photo taking skills. There are many brands to choose from (Olympus, Canon, Nikon…etc) as well as different types of picture taking cameras (SLR and DSLR). This gives you a wide range of options and customizations to choose from. Some popular cameras this year are the Olympus Pen E-P3, the Canon T3i, and other cameras such as the Nikon Coolpix S6100.
3. Headphones – This is an obvious one. Headphones in today’s society is a “must have”. Just like cameras, there are many different brands of headphones that are all equally as popular as the other. Some popular headphones are the Beats by Dre, as well as Bose headphones. Of course there are many other brands in the cheaper range such as Skullcandy, Sony, and Philips.
4. Cases – All of the above gadgets are great, but they deserve some sort of protection so you can actually get your money’s worth out of them. Brunswick England’s $55, hand-stitched Kindle case, for example, offers a pleasing balance between quality and price. If you want to go the whole hog, however, Mulberry and many more will swaddle your iPad or BlackBerry in almost any material you care to imagine.
5. Video Games – This should be a given for any child/teen out there today. Most likely, they own some sort of gaming console (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii) and will be wanting the latest game to enjoy. There are thousands of games to choose from but some of the more popular games and accessories this holiday season include: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Xbox 360’s Kinect, PlayStation 3’s Move, Battlefield 3, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
It has been announced that Samsung will be revealing their own mp3 player based on their Galaxy S phones in order to compete with Apple’s iPod touch at CES next week. The mp3 player looks very similar to the Galaxy S phone but of course will not actually have the phone capabilities. However, it will be running on Android 2.2.
Not much is known about the device yet but reports say that it will be 9.9mm wide with a 4 inch LCD touch screen display. Besides running on Android 2.2, the device will have a 1GHz processor, 3.2 megapixel camera with HD video playback. It of course will have Wi-Fi, bluetooth, and GPS capabilities and an expandable MicroSD card slot. And like all Android devices, you will be able to purchase and download apps from the market.
So not much is know yet, but from what is, it looks to be a great competitor to the iPod Touch and the Zune HD. In my mind, it looks like Samsung is catching on to Apple’s selling techniques with a competitor to the iPhone, iPad, and now iPod. What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below.
Starting this Tuesday, Verizon will be taking pre-orders for the brand new Droid Pro by Motorola. The new Droid was created to be a business based phone but many will find it to be a great phone for personal use as well. The phone will be $179 with a $100 rebate and a two year voice and data plan contract.
The phone will run on Android 2.2 and will operate with a 1GHz processor, 2GB hard drive and 512MB of memory. With all of this to offer, the phone will definatly be able to move quick and snappy. Besides all of this, the memory can actually be expanded by using a standard SD card.
The biggest overall physical difference in the Droid Pro is the new keyboard layout. Looking at the phone from a distance, it can easily be confused with a blackberry which was Motorola’s main goal here. The reason they look alike is because of the full QWERTY keyboard at the bottom of the phone instead of, like the Droid 2, a slide out keyboard on the side of the phone. Both look great to me.
I think this will be a great phone for the average business man/woman. The phone comes with Quickoffice Mobile Suit as well as 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities which makes the whole business use great. But the Droid Pro will also offer all of the regular Droid features for your personal use. I will be demoing this device and will post the review video when I am finished with it.
Leave a comment below!
The phone itself has an incredibly slick design considering the cheap price. What makes it awesome is that it runs on Android 2.2, has a 3 megapixel camera and also has a 3.2 inch touch screen. Besides all of this, the phone also includes the newest texting method called swype. Not bad for $30!
The phone goes on sale Wednesday, November 3rd for $29.99 with your choice of color (black or burgundy). Of course to get this price you will need to sign up for a two year contract and there will be a $50 mail in rebate.
This phone looks pretty sick considering the cheap price. Besides the slick design, it also runs on the latest Android software and has a 3.2 inch touch screen. If you have a low budget and need a new phone, I would definitely recommend this one.
That’s right, as leaks have recently shown, programmers in Silicon Valley are finalizing Google’s newest product, the Google TV.
The company says that this will be no ordinary television. And I would have to agree with them. I mean, not many TV’s offer you to not only watch TV, but to access the internet, interact on facebook and twitter, playing online games and listening to music.
With the click of a few buttons on the remote, a user can switch between TV channels, websites, online video, and traditional shows recorded on DVR. Besides all of this, you will also be able to bookmark your favorite applications, websites and, get this, television channels!
The device will be available to the public later this month that can be attached to an existing TV or a built in feature for Blu-Ray DVD players.
The Google TV already has a competition, the Apple TV, but to me the Google TV looks a lot better. Which one looks better to you?
The R2-D2 phone will include the slide out QWERTY keyboard that everyone loves along with the great 3.5mm headphone jack to make your music playing that much easier. It will include a 3.7 inch touch screen display with a 854 x 480 screen resolution and the phone itself will weigh around 6 ounces. Besides that, the phone will come with a 8GB micro SD card as well as 8GB of internal storage.
Besides all of that, the R2-D2 will have a 5 megapixel camera and will be able to shoot video in 720p HD. Furthermore, the phone will run on Android 2.2 and a 1GHz processor.
The design of the phone looks great to me but there isn’t much different than the regular Droid 2. If interested, go pick one up while you can!
Recently announced, the new Samsung Fascinate is going to be available for public pick-up later this week (or tomorrow online) for Verizon customers. It will be sold for $199 with a 2-year contract. It will be hard for the phone to fit into the Android “lineup” but by looking at the specs, it does a nice job of fitting in perfectly.
The Fascinate is part of the Galaxy S lineup and the first of its kind to come to Verizon. Like I said, it does fit in very well. The phone will have a 4 inch touch screen with 2GB of internal storage and the customer will have the option of upgrading it with a 16GB MicroSD memory card. The Fascinate’s 1500 mAh battery is said to be about equivalent to the Motorola Droid x battery meaning that it should definitely last you a decent amount of time.
The phone itself looks to be amazing. It will have a 1GHz processor making navigating the phone quick and easy. Adding to that, the Fascinate will have high end 3D graphics and video acceleration bringing multimedia and gaming to a whole new level for customers.
Also, the phone will include a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and will also allow the user to record video in 720p! The Fascinate will also have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability and will also include a 3.5mm headphone jack for all of your music and media playing needs.
To me, this phone looks great and I think it will fit in with the Android “family” perfectly (considering it is better than some Android phones).
What do you guys think? Leave a comment below.
So a few days ago, at Apple’s release meeting, Steve Jobs announced a new musical social network called Ping. Two days after the release, over one million people had signed up for the service. Needless to say, not too many of them liked it.
Ping is a free downloadable software made by Apple that allows its users to view photos and videos of their favorite musicians and artists and also to get updates on concert dates. Not only that, but Ping allows users to connect with friends online to talk about different songs, movies, or albums.
Now that all might seem great BUT there are some pretty big mistakes Apple made here. First off, Ping is only available for users living in the United States. What’s with that? Next, when signing up for the network, you are forced to choose what genre of music you would like. This would be ok if they actually had genres that people listened to. Cabaret, swing, folk song? Who actually listens to that stuff??? Anyways, besides all of that, Ping is empty. There are not many artists signed up for users to follow. I know, Ping was just released, but if it continues to be like this, then it’s definitly not worth signing up for. And finally, there already is a Ping.fm that works 10 times better than Apple’s, i guess Apple likes copying good ideas.
What are your thoughts on the new Apple Ping? Comment below.